Skip to main content

You don’t have to wait for your new years resolution to start looking great with a Keto Diet Plan!


“I’m Sick and Tired of Stupid Diets That Never Work! How Keto Saved my Butt”
You don’t have to wait for your new years resolution to start looking great!
When I finally found the Keto diet I was sick and tired of being sick and tired of looking for weight loss diets that actually worked. I tried every planned diet and juice fast I could afford to get my hands on and only ever lost a few pounds that I quickly gained back. I’m sure if you are reading this the story sounds pretty familiar. After about the fifth round of giving up and then re-mustering the motivation to try again, I started reading about the Ketogenic (Keto) diet and thought, “Well haven’t tried this one yet why the heck not.”
I managed to run into a website that creates Custom Keto Diet Plans. I was able to tailor my diet depending on the foods I did and didn’t like as well as my food allergies.
I have failed most diets I have ever been on but this one helped me stay on track. Mainly due to the biological phenomenon known as “Ketosis.”
The Ketogenic diet consists of a very high fat (70%), medium protein (25%), and very low carb diet (5%). So beef and bacon are on the menu but breads and pastas are right out. This macronutrient combination shifts the bodies focus from burning carbohydrates to burning fat as the primary source of energy. If the body has access to glucose, the broken down form of carbohydrates, then it will prioritize this more easily utilized energy source. But if the body is deprived of glucose, as is the aim of the ketogenic diet, then your body begins to utilize the broken down triglycerides (fats) turning them into what are known as Ketone Bodies (Acetoacetate and 3-Hydroybutyrate) or Ketones.
Now that you understand the basic science, or even if you didn’t quite catch all of it, let me tell you a bit about my experience and what you can expect from a ketogenic diet.
I had some initial trouble getting off the carbs as most people do. The first few days of getting adjusted to the new macronutrient split were a bit challenging but became MUCH easier after just 3 days. Some symptoms you can expect to experience in the first few days of the diet are: flu-like symptoms known as the keto flu, a metallic taste in your mouth, and increased thirst. By the end of the first week I barely felt like I was dieting . I never felt hungry just occasionally thought to myself “My stomach feels empty I should probably eat.” The food I WAS allowed to eat on this diet seemed to get more delicious by the day. I felt like fasting from sugar fully changed my taste buds and just made EVERYTHING taste better. I noticed I had more energy and I felt I never had a time where I just felt “pooped” or burned out like I used to on a classic carb-based diet. I had consistent, elevated energy throughout the day. All these new positive things happening inside my body almost made me forget I was primarily doing this for weight loss. I lost 10 pounds in my first week and never felt hungry or tired.
I should note that I did not increase my exercise at all. I continued walking just 30 minutes 3 days a week. Less than I should, I know, but I’m getting there.
Despite the minor cons this is consistently the easiest diet to stick to. Decreased appetite makes you not want to overeat. Consistent energy prevents you from overeating when you feel tired and saves you from the temptations of the dreaded office donuts and candy bowl. The only thing that could make this even easier is to have your meals planned. Because, let’s face it, how often do the most of us make time to cook something healthy in the kitchen when microwave food or eating out is an option. If I had a choice between a 10 step broccoli recipe and a grilled cheese I know which I would be cooking.
The Custom Keto Diet program makes the worlds easiest diet plan impossible to fail. They help you with meal plans for breakfast lunch and dinner to determine the best portion sizes and give you recipes fit for a home cook, not a classically trained chef. Each recipe is designed to be delicious, easy, and specifically tailored to your needs and preferences.

If you’d like to learn more about this amazing program or if you just want more information on the Ketogenic diet cick here.

Comments